Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day Polish

I finally have my computer up and running again! I moved to a new place and the internet has been a little sketchy since I have been here.  I didn't realize my pictures were posting as a huge size so I fixed that on my last few posts.  Anyways, I decided to play with my red, white, and blue polishes to do some patriotic nails for the fourth.  I love holidays because it gives me a chance to try out nail art that I wouldn't normally do.  Hope you enjoy!

 Some of my red, blue, and white polishes. 

 Zoya Noel

A nice medium blue foil.  I probably wouldn't have bought this one, but I got a mini in my Birchbox awhile ago.  Great application and quick dry time.

 China Glaze Skyscraper

A blue jelly packed with tons of silver glitter.  It is a much sparklier version of Essie Starry Starry Nights. 

 Essie Ruby Slippers

This one really deserves its own post because it is so beautiful.  What makes it really pop is the lighter red/orange glitter in the dark red jelly base.  Without a topcoat it looks dull, but once you put on the topcoat it really shines! 

 Zoya Sooki with Julep America accent nail

Sooki is the most perfect red creme I have ever used.  It's super pigmented, smooth, and shiny.  Reds are usually a pain to apply but this one went on like butter. Julep America was great once I thinned it and put it over a red base.  I tried it over white and it looked awful so I will stick with red from now on.
 

I used Essie Marshmallow as the base, then Essie Bobbing for Baubles, Zoya Sooki, China Glaze 2NITE, Sally Hansen White On, OPI Red My Fortune Cookie, and Essie Smooth Sailing for the ruffles.  I wasn't a huge fan of how this turned out because the reds weren't opaque enough, but it was a fun technique. 

Sponge Manicure

I used 2 coats of Essie Marshmallow for the base, then sponged on Essie Bordeaux and China Glaze 2NITE, and topped it all off with Essie Carnival and Seche Vite. I did this combo because I wanted it to look like fireworks.  I think it turned out well for my first attempt at sponging. 


That's all I have for today, which one was your favorite?  
Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment